[Towertalk] Pro-Search Digital Readout and T2X

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Pro-Search Digital Readout and T2X
From: KQ5S@ARRL.NET (Tom)
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 12:41:21 -0700
I recently decided to rebuild my rotator with the Pro-search digital
interface.  It had not been used in about 10 years.  I replaced all the
ball bearings as well as installing a Rotordoc quick connect fitting on
the unit.  I believe I got the 8 lugs wired back up correctly.  The
color codes with the Rotordoc connector did not match the colors of my
rotator and I failed to notice this before I had disconnected the wires
from the terminal.  The rotator rotates fine but there is no indication
of movement on the digital readout.  When the unit is first turned on it
shows 000 but after the break is released it shows 666 and does not
changed while the rotator is turning.

Tom <KQ5S@ARRL.NET>