[Towertalk] LPDAs...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] LPDAs...
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:40:46 -0600
on 11/14/02 12:17 AM, Dino Darling at k6rix@arrl.net wrote:

> I learned more about LPDA's from this article than anything I've read to
> date!  I will have to re-read the article myself, but I remember talk about
> front-to-back figures that were BETTER than a small yagi.

I could believe they have better F/B than a small Yagi.  I also believe that
a good sized LPDA would outperform a small beam.  However, I am not
completely sold on the idea of absolutely better performance.

I'll have to look into it since I am currently perusing what sort of antenna
to get to replace my TA-33.

73,

Jon
NA9D