[TowerTalk] Guyed self-supporters (was "Concrete suggestions")

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guyed self-supporters (was "Concrete suggestions")
From: on4kj@skynet.be (on4kj)
Date: Fri Apr 18 17:40:03 2003
This make sens to me Guy.
(Guess we have the same age.....;) Have not got that much experience using
the mathematics i learned once ...since I was active as a after sales
manager. I installed what others calcullated.
With your  explanation I have to approach my own problem from an other point
of view.
That flection on top where the rotator is fixed ok, but what will be the
result on my tower with the following set-up.
Tower is  complete self supporting , composed of four sections, 3 x 6 meter
and one 3 meter.
there is a mast in the center, 4.5 meters  above the top. First fixed guide
1 m off top, place normally previewed to receive the rotator. But the mast
has been lenghtened to a height of 5 meters about ground level. Now my motor
is mounted on a easy removable platform at 5 meters. What will happen with
the flex moment here ? is it spreaded upwards also ? I know that part of it
disappears in the torque of the central mast itself, about 6? are
uncontrolable !
But yhat doesn't make sens in practice for DXing with a 3 elements
beam......

Jos on4kj