[TowerTalk] 4el SteppIR at Dayton?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4el SteppIR at Dayton?
From: W1JR@arrl.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Fri May 23 17:05:37 2003
Fred,

I did some crude models of the SteppIR 4 Element Yagi. The assumptions are
that these are the TYPICAL compromise settings they program into the
design. You can take that any way you like. All beams are a compromise of
VSWR versus gain versus F/B. Take you choice.

Here are my modeled figures:

20 meters: 9.5 dBi with 18 dB F/B

15Meters: 10.2 dBi with 32 dB F/B

10 meters: 10.31 dBi with 10 dB F/B

Numbers are probably in the ball park. Considering all the variables and
non-optimum boom lengths on some bands, it's not a bad compromise.

73,

Joe, W1JR