[TowerTalk] Feeding one antenna in a stack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feeding one antenna in a stack
From: olinger@bellsouth.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sat May 31 09:36:42 2003
Best kept secret around, but since modeling can be a pain on certain
days, noone wants to do ALL the math before bolting in the stacks.

Modeling all the stuff around, including booms and guy wires and some
alternate orientations is a lot of work, and in some cases the number
of segments to represent the entirety exceeds the limits of
"ham-grade" programs.

Speaking for myself, I've NOT found even ONE stack configuration that
did NOT show interaction of the type you describe. Even if the DE is
deleted from the model, the other elements do things.

What's also interesting is to model it with the boom in the model and
one antenna rotated 90 degrees...

Keep preaching.

73, Guy.