[TowerTalk] Using plywood forms...??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using plywood forms...??
From: smidtca@sprint.ca (Carl Smidt)
Date: Mon Jun 30 07:33:34 2003
I made this mistake some years ago with 7 cu yds of concrete and a 48 foot
self supporting tower. The forms disappeared, the base shifted causing the
tower to lean and being out of plumb at the top by about 7".

I ended up pouring another base, 10 cu yds this time to fill in some side
cave-ins, without forms, moved the tower over using a boom crane and the
base hasn't shifted in four years and never will.

73,   Carl   VE9OV