[TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune: Antenna Stirs Static Among Neighbors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune: Antenna Stirs Static Among Neighbors
From: wrt@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed Aug 13 17:33:37 2003
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:51:53 -0000, "Bob Puharic" <wf3h@ptd.net>
wrote:

>A common mistake; this is NOT a democracy. It never was, nor was it intended
>to be. This country is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.  Athens was a democracy.

Sorry my friend, America is indeed a democracy.  There are several
versions of democracy; a republic is just one kind.  Get out your
dictionary and read it again.  The test is whether ultimate power
rests in the hands of the people.  In other words, can the people
throw the rascals out?  If the answer is yes, you have a democracy.

>Minorities, including hams, have RIGHTS in this country which the majority
>can not rescind.  Use 'em or LOSE 'em.
Sorry again.  The majority can rescind anything, although in some
cases it takes a supermajority - 60%, 75%, whatever.  There is NOTHING
the majority can not do if the votes are there.  It may take a
constitutional amendment, but it can be done.

--
73, Bill W7TI