[TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune: Antenna Stirs Static Among Neighbors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune: Antenna Stirs Static Among Neighbors
From: wrt@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed Aug 13 18:41:57 2003
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:15:18 -0400, "Jerry Muller" <k0tv@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>After looking at the pictures Bill, do you still believe I was pushing the
>neighbors, or will you now admit that given six acres and the invisibility
>of my installation that you jumped the gun are wrong?

I can't really tell from the pictures, Jerry, and what I think doesn't
matter anyway.  I love towers.  For me, the bigger the better, but I
understand the point of view of the neighbors, too.  Mr. Finn's
comments on your web site seem pretty reasonable to me.  Not that I
AGREE with them, just that they do seem reasonable.  I now understand
why you had such a hard time with the zoning people, since I had
pictured your neighbors as total wackos.  If they are like Mr. Finn,
they are not that way at all.

The underlying question is, if the towers are as invisible as you say,
what set the neighbors off so?  Is there more to the story?

--
Bill, W7TI