Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Rope

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Rope
From: "Mike Rhodes" <weightdn@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:07:49 -0400
Paul,
  Not as a guy wire but as the end support for a wire antenna. There may be
some caveats regarding using wire to hold up a wire antenna, much the same
as the issues surrounding having your guy wires - which hold your tower in
place - broken into non-resonant lengths. But, if using wire to keep your
wire antennas in the air works, by all means go for it. Along the same line,
anchoring your wire antenna to a tree should not be an issue unless wind
flexes the tree enough to break your wire(s), wherever they may be. However,
I would think twice about attaching guy wires (see above) to a tree.

Mike / W8DN