[TowerTalk] N connectors

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] N connectors
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@gbonline.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:33:26 -0500
Those andros N connectors are quite good.I get mine from Tower Electronics.I
have installed maybe a 100 of those things in the years.Never took one apart
with water in them but I think good Scotch tape is so cheap that what does
it hurt to put a good wrap or two on it.Sure beats going up the tower on a
nice balmy January day.I will say this much though,I'm really not sure if N
connectors are worth the trouble on 144 and down.I use most of my N's on 2m
and up for phasing lines and such.As far as power handling,my 800 watt out
amp for 2 meters came with......SO-239's.All Alphas that I have seen or
played with have.......SO-239's.Most radios and amps use SO-239's until you
get to 432 and even then some have SO-239's on 432.IMO below 144 Mhz use
whatever you have,just get on the air.    Gregg  K9KL   Green Bay,WI