Re: [TowerTalk] Re: TH7 Traps

To: n3drk <n3drk@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: TH7 Traps
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 22:12:48 -0400
Excuse my ignorance but what "Handbook" do you insist I read? Antennas mounted in same place on the same\ tower at same height compared... sounds like the kind of comparison I want to see!

K4OJ

n3drk wrote:
IS BLATANTLY DAMNING A VERY WELL DONE EFFORT!

I am not damning a very well done effort. Yes the effort was there but it is
not scientific. Read your handbook.

Seeing as one of the guys who performed these tests was a former

employee of the TH7's designer I would have to say this one (accusation)
just don't hold water!  And, the other guy is without doubt one of the
brightest individuals I have ever met!!!!!

Kinda suspect that they will let you know their feelings on your
statement...

Well he may very well be without doubt one of the brightest individuals you may have met!!!! And if they let me know their feellings, well so what? I have my opinion and they have theirs.

One thing on this reflector goes on. If one individual makes a post about
his trap antenna, posts are then sent to that individual and to the
reflector putting down the traps and advising they purchase the force 12 non
trap antennas. Others do the same but tell the person to purchase the
tribander report. This is a very prejudiced reflector and when others make a
post or a reply saying otherwise,,,,,,they are condemned. I have been
reading these posts for the past year and have never replied like I did
today. Its my opinion this report is unscientific and do the research
yourself. Read your handbook.

Finished replying on such a no brainer.

john

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Having read the tribander report and seen the presentation on how it was
done I would have to say that when n3drk wrote:

"Don't get rid of the TH7 it is one of the best antennas out there even
with all the hype of the so called unscientific tribander report."

IS BLATANTLY DAMNING A VERY WELL DONE EFFORT!

What basis do you have to call the report unscientific?

Seeing as one of the guys who performed these tests was a former
employee of the TH7's designer I would have to say this one (accusation)
just don't hold water!  And, the other guy is without doubt one of the
brightest individuals I have ever met!!!!!

Kinda suspect that they will let you know their feelings on your
statement...

73,

Jim, K4OJ

n3drk wrote:

And you could put some screen netting like a dxer did who made DXCC#1.

Yes

that is what he did and there is nothing wrong with your antenna. Dont

get

rid of the TH7 it is one of the best antennas out there even with all

the

hype of the so called unscientific tribander report. Save your money.

The

TH7 will outperform the c-31XR.
    This debate has been going on since the 1960's. Stay with your TH7.
Dont get caught up in all this novelty stuff. The people who push these

non

trap antennas go by what is in that tribander report and like i said an
unscientific one at that. One cannot dispute mathematics. Gain is a

product

of Boom Length.

john
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Levin" <djl@andlev.com>