Re: [TowerTalk] HF2V (self-standing but not exactly a "tower")

To: <alan.kaul@att.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF2V (self-standing but not exactly a "tower")
From: "Paul Playford" <w8aef@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:30:38 -0000
I suspect your problem is with the 80m radials.

The elevated radials are resonant so they should be trimmed for resonance
first by feeding two radials at the center as if they were a dipole and then
feed the antenna normally and adjust the vertical part to resonance.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2TA  FO8DX  FO0PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A