Re: [TowerTalk] Newbie

To: John Parker <jparker@onemain.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Newbie
From: Alan Beagley <ab2os@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 03:35:43 +0000
Congrats. on the General, John.

I asked about towers here a few weeks back and received a number of replies, but perhaps not all were sent to the reflector as well as to me personally. Based on the replies I received, I think my No. 1 choice is now AN Wireless, which I do not see advertised much. See http://www.towerdepot.com/towerdescription.html

Have you checked your municipality's planning/building code to see what permits are needed for a tower? And don't forget to check also whether there are any restrictive covenants for the subdivision where you live: such may exist even though you were not made aware of them at the time you bought the property -- they may not have been brougt to your attention even at closing. And if you live where there is a Homeowners Association, I'd say you have an uphill battle.

-=-
73

Alan AB2OS

On 10/11/03 06:18 am John Parker put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

All,

I have just taken my General Class Exam. Passed!! Now, I just need to study and take the Morse Code Exam.

I guess it's never to early to plan. So, I have some questions.

1. What is a good tower and antenna arrangement. I don't want to have an antenna farm. But, I would like to have a wide coverage across all bands. I live in Woodinville, Washington and just did a check on the Wind Speed via the Internet. It says 80mph.

I live on a hill, so hopefully I will have some excellent reception. If I need to supply additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Tks,

John KD7KFT