Re: [TowerTalk] Tram w/Truck

To: "Mark Beckwith" <mark@concertart.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tram w/Truck
From: "Geoff" <geoffrey@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:26:27 -0500
I still have fond memories of putting up a KLM 4el 40M on a 160' tower
using the tram and truck method.
As the truck was pulling tension, K1DG was at the top screaming STOP as
the mast/tower was starting to bend! K1AR was also at the top but
nothing fazes John.

All worked out OK but still had some balance problems even with helpers
on both boom end ropes. It kept wanting to tilt down and snag a tree
branch. The tram line was a good 200-250' from the base of the tower.

If memory serves the gin pole was hauling the beam and 4-5 guys on the
rope down below. This was 12 years ago.