Re: [TowerTalk] Tram w/Truck

To: Mark Beckwith <mark@concertart.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tram w/Truck
From: Blake Bowers <bbowers@townsqr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:42:49 -0600
> Yes, that would be why I said earlier this afternoon:
>
> "(Personally I might use a...truck to pull the lift rope, but I don't
> want to get into a debate about the relative safeness or unsafeness of
this
> method. I know some readers will blast me for even bringing it up, and
tell
> us how great the potential for danger is, and all that.  It's a choice we
> all get to make ourselves.  Yes, it can be dangerous and disastrous.)"

I did not see that earlier..

But....

Some may think juggling hand grenades is "safe" if they
do it a lot.  Probably not any safer, just luck.

People die using vehicles to hoist loads.  It is dangerous,
but, yes, like wingwalking without a harness, you are
free to risk your life.  I pray your loved ones have
healthy insurance on you.

Most folks will not do this, the commercial
tower industry has a few companies with
abject disregard for the safety of their employees,
but very few thankfully.