[TowerTalk] Re: Isotruss towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Isotruss towers
From: "David L. Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:24:33 -0500
I have gotten many replies but no one seems to have one of these.  Go to
eHam (W4AN's great web page) and look under reviews for towers.  The link
there goes right to the towers.  Selected models are shown with loading
indicated.  I did not see the note about not climbing the towers
but several pointed out you cannot climb the large non metal poles for
lights etc around the interstates.  I await their answers as to why they
cannot be climbed.  It appears the way they are constructed so maybe a
ladder as they are fairly big on a side so this may make sense.

The problem with lightening protection is the same as with telephone poles.
The metal ladder or a heavy ground strap down the tower can solve that.  I
had a telephone up for 14 years in W5 were lightening is a major problem!

73 Dave K4JRB