Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum in concrete

To: "Doug Lefever" <k3qs@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum in concrete
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 20:38:22 -0500
Doug:

     I'd suggest you paint the inside and outside of the concrete-encased
portion of the aluminum pole with Bitumastic or similar bituminous coating.
I can't recall the chemistry, but when we EE's designed electric substation
facilities for the local power company, we always had to protect the
aluminum conduit from the encasing concrete in this way.  (I THINK the
aluminum would have otherwise been eaten away by the alkaline cement.)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F