[TowerTalk] Anti-climb measures

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anti-climb measures
From: "Roland Guidry, NA5Q" <na5q@w5ddl.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:04:11 -0500
Unfortunately some of those ideas do not work for a self-supporting 72 ft. fold
over tower, folding over at the 4 ft. level (Heights Tower) the only thing I
think that would work well would be a 6-8 ft. fence surrounding tower base with
2-3 inch metal post for corners and gate. Gate situated where when open tower
will fold in space opening and when not folded over, gate kept locked with
padlock. Scaling fence next to impossible unless using ladder. Place no
trespassing signs and high voltage sign on sides of fence and plant nice
shrubbery around fence to please xyl. Total cost can be reduced by buying all
the stuff at home depot or Lowe's. All post placed in concrete filled holes.

Will be installing tower this fall with fence, when setup completed, will make
pic available for viewing.

Seems like plenty of trouble to go through, but I have 6 grandchildren ages 2
months thru 3 years old. Cost inconsequential!

Roland, NA5Q