Re: [TowerTalk] Broken Rohn 25G Base Section

To: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>, <kr7x@comcast.net>,"Melvin Brafford" <roadrulz@isp.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broken Rohn 25G Base Section
From: "Chuck O'Neal" <cdoneal@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:39:06 -0400
My suggestion would be to flush cut the remaining legs with
the surface of the concrete base. Then drill a hole in the
center of the concrete base for a pier pin instead, provided
they make a pier pin base plate for the Rohn 25.

A pier pin for the bottom section is a much better way to go
anyway.  I use them an all my towers.  No worries about
getting that first section straight and the resulting stress
you place on the tower when it isn't perfectly vertical.

73
Chuck...K1KW