Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection questions.

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, <K7LXC@aol.com>,"\"Dudley Chapman\"" <chief@thechief.com>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection questions.
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:16:58 -0400
> What alloy are you using, Tom. Most of the stuff you can
buy at
> home box stores is for plumbing applications (96%Tin, 4%
Silver).

I've been intending to pull and invoice and look, but
welding supply houses sell the correct materials. For small
quantities (such as attaching taps on tubing coils for tank
circuts) we used to buy solder from sources like Granger and
McMaster Carr.

When I eventually reorder some, I'll make a note of the
exact material. The material I use is barely melted with
Mapp gas, and uses a white paste flux. I'm sure it is also
used in refrigeration applications.

73 Tom