[TowerTalk] FW: Installing large Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Installing large Yagi
From: "Thomas C. Cogsdell" <n4xvp@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:14:35 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas C. Cogsdell [mailto:n4xvp@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 5:03 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Installing large Yagi

I am about to install a Moseley TA-53 (the boom is 20 feet long)as the lower
antenna on my 62 ft Rohn 25 tower. For the life of me I cannot come up with
a good idea. There are two sets of guy wires, one at thirty feet, and one at
the top. The mast is 8 ft high above the thrust bearing. I have a Cushcraft
26-B2 UHF yagi at the top of the mast. There are large trees at the base of
the guy wires.

If I try to pull the antenna up the top of the upper guy wire I will need a
line attached to each end of the boom. I don?t know how I would be able to
retrieve these lines once I have the antenna attached to the tower.

The irony of my situation is?that I hired this work done at my previous qth,
and did not pay attention to job then.

Any help will be appreciated,

Tom (TC) Cogsdell N4XVP