Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Installing large Yagi

To: "Thomas C. Cogsdell" <n4xvp@yahoo.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Installing large Yagi
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:56:36 -0400
Hello Tom,

You may want to look into using a PVRC Mount and assembling the TA-53 at the top to see if this approach can work in your situation. This technique was used to assemble a 4 element SteppIR at the 130 ft level on a guyed Rohn 45 tower with a F12 EF240X on the mast 14 feet above.

I am about to install a Moseley TA-53 (the boom is 20 feet long)as the lower
antenna on my 62 ft Rohn 25 tower. For the life of me I cannot come up with
a good idea. There are two sets of guy wires, one at thirty feet, and one at
the top. The mast is 8 ft high above the thrust bearing. I have a Cushcraft
26-B2 UHF yagi at the top of the mast. There are large trees at the base of
the guy wires.

If I try to pull the antenna up the top of the upper guy wire I will need a
line attached to each end of the boom. I don't know how I would be able to
retrieve these lines once I have the antenna attached to the tower.

The irony of my situation is.that I hired this work done at my previous qth,
and did not pay attention to job then.

Any help will be appreciated,

Tom (TC) Cogsdell N4XVP

Mike, K4GMH