Re: [TowerTalk] Re: 80 Meter Hybrid Triangle Loop

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>, "K0PYK" <k0pyk@yahoo.com>,"Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: 80 Meter Hybrid Triangle Loop
From: "DaveLaBat" <labatd@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 09:23:54 -0800
Slightly off topic but germane I hope, I have been operating portable from a
mountaintop location and the inverted vees do not seem to be effective, I
would think a true dipole would be a fine performer, but with only one
available high support, would I not be better with a delta loop? I know I'm
ignoring the ground underneath, but I have what I have. Ground slopes away
very rapidly so I am thinking my effective height is quite good, I was
thinking to try deltas for 80 and 40 next trip, with vertical polarization.
Would a horizontal feed be any better? Any other suggestions with one high
support?  Thanks, great information so far.

Dave NT6AA