RE: [TowerTalk] FCC Chaurman needs to be a ham

To: "'Bob T.'" <bobt@gloryroad.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] FCC Chaurman needs to be a ham
From: "Dave" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:56:43 -0500
Having deep product knowledge and having an MBA are not mutually exclusive.

The principles of management are useful, but leadership is the most critical
quality. Its difficult to lead a technical organization without enough of a
technical background to speak credibly and promote an exciting vision; a few
very strong leaders have pulled it off.

Having a ham running the FCC would be nice, but I'd rank this below raw
intelligence, listening skills, political savvy, integrity, charisma, and
wireless telecom domain knowledge in my list of prerequisites. And I guess
these days, a working knowledge of human anatomy is also required...

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ