Re: [TowerTalk] FCC Chaurman needs to be a ham

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FCC Chaurman needs to be a ham
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:32:20 -0500
> The same is true in communications and in government.
> Yes it would be nice to have some one as chairman who is knowledgeable and
> in favor of amateur radio, or one who understands the physics of how this
> stuff works,

> but as long as he, or she has no  personal agenda  they should
> be able to rely on the knowledge of others.

And when was the last time that happened?  Certainly not with the current
FCC BPL
cheerleaders plus Powell.

> OTOH we should always be on the watch for some one setting the stage for
> their own advancement at the expense of amateur radio once they leave the
> position.

That's what Powell and some others at the FCC were doing.   But
unfortunately WE
do not get to choose who is appointed (anointed); it's ALL political and
about
Bush rewarding party loyalists and "big bidness".    Ignorance of technology
and
its limitations should NOT be rewarded just because you suck up to the
President.  It's supposed to be about finding competent, knowledgeable and
intelligent
people to lead the FCC.  NOT!

Bob KQ2M