Re: [TowerTalk] Remote station operation

To: "Bryan" <w5kft@nts-online.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Remote station operation
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:19:05 -0800 (PST)
I also have a ranch with high speed wireless internet.  I just
installed "LogMeIn.com" (free) and "skype.com" (free)and TRX Manager on
the ranch computer.  I have a Kenwood TS570 out there for remote base.
(I use an FT1000D when operating in person; much better rig, but
not as remotable).  LogMeIn remotes the computer and skype remotes
the audio.  You should also look at the Wavenet box, with remote
relays for switch linears etc.

It's not clear if you want to remote operate your contest station
between contests (that's what I do) or if you actually want to
operate the contest remotely.  The latter is much more difficult
if you want to be competitive.  I always go to the ranch in person
for serious contesting.

Rick N6RK