Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR
From: "Brian Lambert, N1IK" <n1ik@n1ik.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:47:37 -0500
Gary.

Good points.  We'll just have to wait and see.

If we see massive failures in 5 years, there will be a class-action suit
against FM by angry amateurs who will allege that Mike knew the design was
flawed years ago.  (We'll have to find some internal memos to prove it, and
all the other usual goodies.)  SteppIR owners, save your purchase
documentation as proof that you can take part of the suit!

Seriously, though, I have to say, I think it's so easy to point at something
with moving parts and say, "What if?", "What if?", "What if?".  And you
might be right.  You might not be right, too.  You don't know, you're
guessing, just like the rest of us.

I made my bet.  I am an optimist, and I believe in the product.  Plus I love
the company.

I wish you all could have been here on Sunday morning when I ran EU on
18.127 for nearly five hours.  The pileup was 20 wide and 30 deep all
morning, and the SteppIR was playing really well.  When that many people
tell you that you are 20 over, it's intoxicatingly fun.

Would I have done as well on a T-12?  Probably.

4.5 months and counting here.

Best,

Brian, N1IK