Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Restrictions

To: 'Peter Grillo' <ah3c@frii.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Restrictions
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:27:40 -0800

After spending many bucks for an addition to the 3800 sq ft house on 10 acre
lot just 40 minutes from downtown Ft. Collins, my property was just
appraised at $675,000.  There is no line noise.  There is no traffic noise.
There is no smog.  There is no water bill (private well, with rocky mountain
pure water). My Larimer County tower permit states, "tower must be set back
such that if it were to fall over, it will not cross on to other property".
That means I could go up 600 ft if I wanted to!  I'm already on top of a
ridge at 8300 feet overlooking the front range of Colorado....that is likely
a downside issue because of the high winds.  So, I'm going up only 120'.

I can't justify living in crowded cities just to be close to work and the
night life.

W0RTT....

::Sounds ideal, Peter.  Didn't I know you in a former life as AH3C?  I'm at
the office now, but I  think your QSL card had a bird of some sort...and I
have a few of those... -WB2WIK/6