Re: [TowerTalk] mounting large antenna question

To: "Bill" <w5vx@hiline.net>, <n5pht@simplynet.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] mounting large antenna question
From: <paul@w8aef.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 15:23:39 -0000
tape
> it to the boom near the boom to mast clamp so you can reach it easily when
> you install the antenna. (I think this is what Paul, W8AEF, was
> suggesting).

No.  I actually install a piece of aluminum angle about 3 feet long on the
boom, near the boom to mast clamp.  One end clamped to the boom and the
other end pointing straight up with 2 eyebolts at the top.  I then connect
the truss cables to this support so when the antenna is raised to the tower
the antenna is completely assembled.

This way I do not have to mess around with the truss cables at the top of
the tower, either when installing the antenna(s) or removing it.

As a bonus, I can tilt my antennas while they are still on the tower for
maintenance and not worry about the truss cables or the boom sag.

de Paul, W8AEF