[TowerTalk] MonstIR install

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] MonstIR install
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:16:17 EDT
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    I installed my first MonstIR on Thursday and the whole thing went really
well. For this antenna, the element mechanics reside below the boom, as
opposed to being on top for their other antennas. Since it puts the weight
under the
boom, the antenna doesn't try to turn upsidedown when you're trying to
install it. The antenna looked good and sturdy mechanically and it has nice
boom
stanchions to hold the element trusses. Also the U-bolt saddles are permanently
attached to the boom-to-mast plate so you don't have to mess with them while
you're trying to get it installed.

    We used a crane to lift up the over 200 pound antenna and the whole thing
only took an hour. I highly recommend doing it this way.

    No performance feedback from the owner yet - he went to a hamfest this
weekend - but suffice to say he'll have a ball with it.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Cell: 206-890-4188