Re: [TowerTalk] Rigging Dipoles and Growing Old

To: "'TowerTalk Reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rigging Dipoles and Growing Old
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 20:37:40 -0500
>What I do is lace the cable with rope just like you would a wire harness
with string. That rope then holds the dipole insulator and balun as well as
the feedline. That keeps the weight off the junction where the cable
attaches to the dipoles, and doesn't let the joint flex so much.

This is a critical part of the design.  Without it, the coax will separate
from the connector over time in bad weather.  It happened to me from 150
feet.  In my case, I had not planned for the hanging coax but the plastic
ties holding it to the tower broke, one-by-one, over a year of bad storms.
Tape over the plastic would have prevented this.

73, Keith NM5G