Re: [TowerTalk] Rigging Dipoles and Growing Old

To: "Red" <RedHaines@centurytel.net>, "Lee Buller" <k0wa@swbell.net>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rigging Dipoles and Growing Old
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:39:06 -0400
see, it to support the coax on another line fastened at
intervals to
minimize the tension on the coax.  Perhaps I'll put knots in
the support
line to stopper the attachments that carry the coax.  I
might tape the
coax to the line every three to five feet to force them to
flap in the
wind together and support the weight on a knot every 10 to
15 feet.
Just initial thoughts to facilitate the pulley
arrangement.>>

I use coax to pull my 5000-pound tractor out of axle-deep
mud.

Seriously, I've had hundreds of feet hanging for years. All
I do is use a rope to keep the weight off the antenna
connection and to let me make a drip loop at the top to keep
water out of the coax.