[TowerTalk] Pad and Pier for ROHN SSV. Pad and Pier Foundations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pad and Pier for ROHN SSV. Pad and Pier Foundations
From: <isp@bnjcomp.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:37:14 -0500
I am in process of putting up (FINALLY after 2 years of waiting) my ROHN
SSV.   I have gathered up 14N through  7N and put it together.  It is surely
bigger than I thought it would be but that is not my questions.  I have
studied ROHN's  drawings for Pier and well that is a mighty deep pier.
Getting a machine to travel here that has a bell unit is VERY expensive I am
told.   So the company that is helping me says that they have been doing the
following:

dig a 19 X 19 wide hole that is 8' in ground..
dig 3 spots where legs will be another 2' down for piers..
then pour a 2' thick pad which also fills the 2' down piers that have cages
in it.
then put in sonot tubes for top 8 feet of piers and pour the rest of piers.
then back file the hole with rock/dirt to get level with ground.

thoughts?

thanks terry