[TowerTalk] RE : Washers or No Washers

To: "'Wayne Greaves'" <wgreaves@pvtnetworks.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE : Washers or No Washers
From: "hermans" <on4kj@skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:28:06 +0100
PRICE ticket........

Cheers Jos

-----Message d'origine-----
De?: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] De la part de Wayne Greaves
Envoyé?: samedi 27 août 2005 15:16
À?: towertalk@contesting.com
Objet?: [TowerTalk] Washers or No Washers

The instructions for my vintage 40 ft. Wilson telescoping, tilt-over
tower
clearly show that the base is mounted to the 3/4 in. anchor bolts with
nuts
above and below the base plate *without washers*.  The installation
drawing
for the nearly identical US Tower MA-40 tubular tower also does not
specify
washers.

It seems to me that using washers would better distribute the vertical
load
on the base plate and would also help counter horizontal forces.  Is
there a
reason why washers are not specified?  All comments and thoughts
welcomed.

Wayne, WØZW
San Patricio, NM