Re: [TowerTalk] Whole house surge protectors

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Whole house surge protectors
From: Scott Neader KA9FOX <ka9fox@qth.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:17:15 -0500
Our power company in this area is "Xcel Energy" (formerly Northern States
Power).  I contacted them about a month ago to see if they offer this type
of service, and at one cost.  The answer was simply "Thank you for taking
the time to write to us. We are sorry we no longer offer this equipment."

I will be interested in what others have to say about having an electrician
install one, and specifically what product I should get (or do you let the
electrician pick one out?)

Our power here is terrible, and I feel the need to have one.

- Scott KA9FOX

Scott Neader KA9FOX    ka9fox@qth.com
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://swap.QTH.com
Web Hosting Services:   http://hosting.QTH.com