Re: [TowerTalk] a solution for HOA problems?

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] a solution for HOA problems?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:23:12 -0700
At 09:39 AM 10/16/2005, Michael Tope wrote:
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
>
>>While sitting in traffic the other day, I was looking at one of those cell
>>towers that looks like a tree (a very realistic coniferous one, I might add).
>>
>>So, the question is, where would one get suitable fake branches? Does
>>anyone know anything about the design of the faux tree cell towers?  What
>>kind of tree would be best to fake?  Probably want something that's fairly
>>tall and skinny, but not as bushy as the Melaleuca.  Heck, it would be a
>>lot safer in a fire prone area where the Melaleuca is like having a big
>>oily firestarter next to your house.
>>
>>(100 ft tall Palm trees?)
>
>These guys had 40ft artificial Christmas trees for around $10K
>(the 40ft appear to be sold out):
>
>http://www.treeclassics.com/product.asp?ProductFamilyID=GS

I suspect that's a bit more sturdy than one would need too:
 From their ad copy:
The finest giant commercial tree ever made.
rmk comment: A mediocre residential tree is just fine.

Our patent-pending construction makes this tree, without question, a
majestic visual and engineering masterpiece.
rmk comment: I was looking for inconspicuous, not a majestic engineering
masterpiece. After all, a 200 ft free standing tower in my back yard would
be a majestic engineering masterpiece.

Up to 40 feet tall, it can support twelve people simultaneously!
rmk comment: 12 people?  But what antenna cross section can it
support?  Can we turn branches into tuned elements?

A must for those in need of that "Big" Tree.

---
I will say I am impressed.. and for only $10K.