Re: [TowerTalk] a solution for HOA problems?

To: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>,"towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] a solution for HOA problems?
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:47:09 -0700
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>

>> > disappointed!
>> >
>> > Gad,,, I really wanted one of those xmas trees, I've got 12 people
>> > I'd like to hang from it for xmas right now! ,, hehe
>> >
>> > and at least the tree would be legal,
>>
>>If an HOA can have a rule against flying the US flag ad prevail in court
>>against a violator, surely an HOA can have rules against trees,
>>especially full-size ones that appear overnight.
>

> Sure.. but the idea was that if the objection (from XYL, neighbor, or HOA)
> to antennas is aesthetic, the tree thing can eliminate that objection.

With the winter solstice in December just before Christmas usually
comes excellent low-band conditions. I would go for a four-square
of those 40 footer artificial Christmas trees base loaded for 80 meters
with Christmas lights set up to blink in unison with modulation. Only
a real scrooge could poo-poo that - right? And if they do, you can
suspend them from the tree (in an OSHA approved fully body harness
of course) as an ornament since the trees are rated to support up to
twelve people each.