Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole resonates lower than expected.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole resonates lower than expected.
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:31:59 -0500
Terry,

Thanks for running the numbers! It confirms the insulation does lower the F.

Follow-up...

Well today I called AEA Technology and got the sad news that my HF Analyst
needs to be looked at. The engineer I talked to knew this unit (an original
AEA SWR-121, about 15 years old) and we walked through a number of tests.
The self test revealed a specific issue which is not field repairable.

I see AEA has a new device (one of several) called the VIA Analyst for $700.
It provides more statistics than this original model. Has anyone seen or
used one of these devices? During my research, I see Bird also has a similar
unit but their price is about double.

I like the idea of the portability in these handhelds.

73 de Bob - K0RC