[TowerTalk] Subject: Shunt Fed Trylon 72 Ft for 160?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Subject: Shunt Fed Trylon 72 Ft for 160?
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:17:49 +0000
I do close to the same as Gene does for my Trylon 72 ft tower.  I use a cage of
three wires held out about 2 ft from the tower with PVC pipe.  See piks at link
below.  They terminate about 35 ft above ground and I use an Omega match to
match them (all Vac variavble now rather than that first attempt shown in the
piks)  Also I have a KT34XA up top and have since laid down 60 132 foot radials
around the base.  I have no trouble feeding a KW into the system.  I have a
decent match for about 1/2 of the 160M band.  It works like a champ!  Phil
KB9CRY

http://nidxa.org/kb9cry_shunt_fed_tower.htm