Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking Dissimilar Antennas

To: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking Dissimilar Antennas
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 07:37:09 -0400
Run HFTA.  You will be amazed to see that the little one at 35 feet will
be MUCH better to some areas of the world at times.  Here on the east
coast there are times when the 40 footer will be 8-10 db better into EU
and SA and AF than will the same antenna at 70 feet.  It is the
difference in being first in or among the last to be heard.  Everyone
who contests should try to have one antenna that is at 40 feet or so.
When the angles are high that beam at 70 feet will have a null right
where the signals are coming.  HFTA will graphically display that so you
can see what will be going on. 73 bob de w9ge