Re: [TowerTalk] And now for something completelydifferent(TrueNorth)

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] And now for something completelydifferent(TrueNorth)
From: "W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:46:01 -0700

> Another good reason to use zip code calculator furnished by the
> government,
> see my previous posts. I cannot understand why people come up with so many
> complicated ways of doing something so simple.
>
> Mike

I've been using a simple method for years.  I read the legal description of
my property.  Based on that I have a very accurate bearing for each of my
property lines.  My house is quite accurately lined up with the property
lines, so I can use my roof as my reference.  I've checked the accuracy of
this approach by listening to 1296 MHz beacons reflecting off of Mt.
Rainier, which is located 103 degrees from my QTH, and adjusting for maximum
signal strength.  My beam heading accuracy appears to only be limited by the
accuracy of my rotator control head.

It's not real high tech (although I did use a GPS to get my lat/lon), but it
works and is easy.

73,
Clay  W7CE