Re: [TowerTalk] Building a "little pistol" contest station andtheC-31XR

To: "Andrew Roos" <Andrew.Roos@poynting.co.za>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Building a "little pistol" contest station andtheC-31XR
From: "Marc Wullaert ON4MA" <marc.wullaert3@pandora.be>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 17:49:08 -0000
the only thing you have to do when using separate feedlines to a c31xr is
placng
the 15m driver on another boomplate.You need 3 current 1.1 baluns.Climbing a
tower inside
is good if you have the place ,but how you gonna get the antenna , the
rotator on the outside.
I have 2 selfsupporting towers 24 and 18m .I think you gonna need more
filtering than only the w3nqn
after the radios.I have the old style w3nqn boxes !
I have also a small pistol contest station ,with a C31XR, 40m 2element beam
on top,on the 18m i have a KT34XA
a lot of wire antennas, verticals for 40m and 80m and shuntfed the 24m for
160m.
I needed more filtering after the amplifiers,wich a build with
coaxstubs.Buth 40-20 and 15m are still a problem here

about the c31xr if you wanna change to single feed ,than  you have to be a
monkey to reach the 15m driver.
i just placed my c31xr this week on top of the tower.. single feed ... at
your location you have the oppertunity
the use separate feedlines because you could run 10-15-20m to europe ,asia
and USA without the need of
other antennas.There is one 5b4 station who is doing the same ,probely he
will show up here on the reflector.

see you in cqww contest ssb and cw as OT4T.

marc on4ma