Re: [TowerTalk] Restoring Beam Antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com, mel@melwhitten.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Restoring Beam Antennas
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:37:19 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2006 5:46:19 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I use Krylon #1301 Crystal Clear Gloss acrylic, available  most
hardware/paint stores.
Drys quick about 50 deg F.
_http://www.hardwareworld.com/Sp-Crystal-Clear-Acrylic-pC443NR.aspx_
(http://www.hardwareworld.com/Sp-Crystal-Clear-Acrylic-pC443NR.aspx)

   Some professional installers use this as the final  coating on a coax
connector joint over the final wrap of tape. It's better  than ScotchKote since
ScotchKote is meant for buried applications and does dry  up and blow away when
used in normal tower/cable applications.

    I'd be careful with the spray acrylic around some  antenna insulators. I
had a customer spray his new KT34XA with a coating of  Krylon acrylic and the
danged stuff melted and cracked the Lexan element  insulators.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH
Cell: 206-890-4188