Re: [TowerTalk] Copper wire prices

To: "k6xyz" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper wire prices
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:18:19 -0800 (PST)
FWIW, I just bought a bunch of aluminum wire for $3 a pound.
It works out to about 1 cent per foot.  It may or may not
corrode, depending on your soil.  I am going to try it and
see how it works out in my soil.

They do make insulated aluminum wire for speaker voice coils.
I have been trying to find a vendor for that.  It would solve
the corrosion problem.

Rick N6RK