Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Meter Antenna Suggestions

To: "mryan001" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Meter Antenna Suggestions
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:39:31 +0000
Mike:

     To me, <small residential lot> + <tower with XXX HF antenna> on it =
shunt-feed on Topband.  Granted, your SteppIR might not be ideal as a
capacitive top-hat for this purpose as the elements are insulated from the boom
(or are they?)  But absent tall supports for an inverted L, shunt-feeding your
tower/HF Yagi is a cheap enough alternative that is worth trying, IMHO.

     Search the TT archives for hints or drop me a line directly for some
details.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: "mryan001" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>