Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Meter Antenna Suggestions

To: <ersmar@comcast.net>, "'mryan001'" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>,<TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Meter Antenna Suggestions
From: "WA3GIN in Alex. City, VA" <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:47:48 -0500
You might think about placing some spokes at the top of the tower to act as
a capacity hat.  We recently installed a 50ft center loaded helical antenna
for our county emergency 7X24 AM 1700 station.  They manufacturer used six
102" whips equally spaced around the top of the antenna with a 3' egg beater
on top.  If anyone would like to see picture of the helical antenna that
cost about $5,000 let me know and I'll post some on our club web site
www.w4ava.org

73,
dave
wa3gin