[TowerTalk] Really light tower suggestions.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Really light tower suggestions.
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:35:24 -0500
I built a 20m Moxon Rectangle out of fiberglass fishing poles and wire
and had a plan to put it on one of those 30 foot push up masts with
guys and ground-stake style anchors as a semi-temporary installation,
but Lowes ran out of them and in the interim I realized it would be
easier to put up something stiffer anyway.  I looked at some photos of
others' Moxon installations on the channel master mast, and saw that
they had a little bit of a buckling problem.

What fills the gap between the Channel Master push up masts and say
Rohn 20, if anything?

I'm thinking something like 6" or 8" face, extremely light duty stuff.
 The lighter in weight the better.  The Moxon is really, really light,
maybe 5 pounds and windload is probably not more than a big TV antenna
due to the tapered spreaders (1 inch at the hub, 1/4" at the tips).

I'm basically looking for the lightest and cheapest three-leg tower
sections that anyone makes.

Dan