Re: [TowerTalk] Guying an Aluminum Tower

To: w0jx@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying an Aluminum Tower
From: k1vr@juno.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:31:18 -0500
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:38:40 -0800 (PST) Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Looking for a recommendation re guying an 80 ft Universal Aluminum
> self-supporting tower. ... Currently a TH6DX is on top. I have a TH11
> to replace the TH6 and I also want to add a 2 el short
>   Forty. That will overload the current tower so guys are
> necessary.

Not the answer you were hoping for, but consider replacing the Universal
tower with an AN Wireless AN-80, which will handle the windload of a
TH11DX and 2 el 40 and laugh at the wind.  No guys required.  My clients
have been very satisfied with them. And the paperwork is adequate to get
a building permit anywhere.

This also keeps you away from guying to trees, which was another part of
your question.

Fred Hopengarten K1VR        hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088; FAX 419/858-2421
www.antennazoning.com