Re: [TowerTalk] Orion OR2800P

To: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Orion OR2800P
From: "Marc Wullaert ON4MA" <marc.wullaert3@pandora.be>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:55:43 -0000
I have one  and if I remember right but forgot to taken pictures
it is a single worm drive .no break.
I had a lot of troubles in the past ...the screw that hold the topplate
to the shaft  broke off ,totally rusted after 2 years.I did some
modifications
to it beacuse the upper bearing holding the shaft  got water inside
lucky there are 2 big holes  at the underside of the rotor
Now it is ok turning my kt34xa ,but loose some times his direction
on the controller.Lucky there is a calibration routine.
Most people  told my cable run is to long and I have to use coax ???

I got some emails but got a slow respons from M2 probely to busy
I ordered some 6 weeks ago the magnetspinner and  the reedswitch
but no response from Jeremy anymore.I needed one for my homebrew
big rotator so now i build it by my self.

About the prosistel ,I have placed several of them .The first one I
got troubles with the pot and water.Whe send it back and i new one whas
delivered.
The new ones have no problem with it.This summer I placed  a PST 71 turning
2 big optibeams at Doc ON4IZ.

There is another italian supplier for rotators http://www.antenna.it

Marc ON4MA