Re: [TowerTalk] Cable ties, tape or both?

To: "'Tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable ties, tape or both?
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:47:33 -0600
I like cable ties because they are so easy carry and install on the tower.

However, there are two cautions to their use from my experience:
1. They are not all that durable, even the UV-resistant variety. So I follow
with a wrap or two of Scotch 88 tape.
2. They can crush softer cables if installed too tightly.  When making a run
of several cables I try to position the softer ones (usually relay or
rotator control) so they are not crushed.

73, Keith NM5G